Snakes on the NBRT


Snakes, Snakes and more Snakes, Oh My! Since we have been hiking on the North Bend Rail Trail we have come in contact with at least one snake a day, maybe two. All of the snakes have been nonpoisonous except this BIG GUY! This snakes was the most vicious aggressive snake we have seen in many years. This snake was in the path on the grass in our way. I screamed at the top of my lungs Copperhead!!!!! Chris and I were beside eachother with the push carts and he was where Chris was about to step. Our daughter KatyDid had just past him,Praise God he was not coiled and ready to strike when she stepped by him. Thank you God! I saw this snake and screamed and Chris pushed the cart out and was able to just step to the side of him when he started striking with mighty force. He was striving so fast at Chris' knee level, it scared me half to death. I just knew he bit him. This snake was so fat and aggressive, he just continued to lunge at Chris. I got so frightened and shook up at the thought of being on the trail and having to call 911 or something that I broke down in tears and could not stop crying. The thought that KatyDid had just stepped beside this vicious creature and then Chris getting struck at was enough for me to fall apart. We made it and Chris got the camera out and the snake still lunged at him striking with all he had. This creature was the meanest snake in all of my years in the woods, he meant every strike. This was the first time KatyDid was able to see a real live snake mean business. It was lightening fast with its strikes, seconds between strikes not minutes but seconds. This was a miracle that one of us was not seriously harmed. KatyDid and I both thought for sure Chris had bites in his pants but Praise God he was inches, if that from the fangs. Please continue to pray a head of protection around us as we need it out here on the trail. It is helping! We pray every day for God to protect us from things like this and He did. The other pictures in this blog are of the nice snakes we have seen on the trail. Thank you for God's protection daily.

God Bless and Happy Hiking,
GentleFir

Black snake that scared Gentle Fir he was slithering right at her toes.......
Black snake peeking out on the trail
Beautiful Garter Snake....So Pretty